About Me

My photo
My name is Dawn Haas and I am a portrait/lifestyle photographer in the Tampa/St. Pete/New Port Richey area. This is where I put all my thoughts and a few pictures from every shoot. For more information check out my website at www.dawnhaasphotography.com or please contact me by email. God bless and if you like what you see I am just an email away. Dawnhaasphotography@gmail.com

Monday, February 15, 2010

Carolyn and Dave: Sarasota Wedding

Ok prepare yourself, this is going to be one of my longest blogs EVER!! Carolyn and Dave celebrated their special day at the beautiful Selby Botanical Gardens on February 6th. I was really worried all weekend about the weather and then at the last minute the weather became absolutley perfect. Carolyn used the famous Darla Stafford to help her and her bridesmaids get ready. David and Kristina of Trinity Wedding Video captured their love through motion, I love working with them!! After the ceremony Rob and Justin Sword of Sword Sounds got the party going, the pictures explain it all.
I know a lot of their hard work went into planning this day, but I have to say, it was worth it. What an amazing day!!!! It was a postcard day full of many colors. The day was so colorful, that you will probably notice I do not have as many black and white photos as normal. How could I??? How beautiful is this place and I wanted to capture it all??
I did have one scare in the middle of the ceremony. I was shooting with my #2 camera and all the sudden it started flashing er. 99 and for photographers that means BAD NEWS!!! This is why I always take two cameras and I make sure my second has their own cameras too.
I have to admit though, I am a little sad that their day has come and gone. With a lot of my brides, we email back and forth so many times and go out a few times that I feel like we have become friends. I am going to miss Carolyn and her excited emails. Please keep in touch!!!!
Thank you so much Theresa for helping me shoot this day, I loved our long conversations on the 2 hr drive there and back.


CLICK HERE FOR YOUR SLIDE SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Thanks Theresa for getting so many great detail shots like these!!!

Can you guess what song Carolyn is dancing to?? Clue: 13 going on 30

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Dawn, Thanks for much for capturing the day! The pictures are beautiful, and I'm sure we will again be delighted when we see the full edited version!

Best,
Carolyn and Dave