About Me

My photo
My name is Dawn Haas and I am a portrait/lifestyle photographer in the Tampa/St. Pete/New Port Richey area. This is where I put all my thoughts and a few pictures from every shoot. For more information check out my website at www.dawnhaasphotography.com or please contact me by email. God bless and if you like what you see I am just an email away. Dawnhaasphotography@gmail.com

Monday, April 14, 2008

Photo Editing and Defining

I have had a few of my brides ask me about Photo Editing and Defining (more formally known as Post Processing)and why it is a part of their packages and why they have to pay for it so I am going to give you an example of why you would want this.
Evey picture that you see here on my blog comes from a digital slr but not straight out of the camera. In order not to miss a second of your event I leave my camera on one setting and fire away. Although now because I don't want to miss a moment, I am not adjusting the settings according to the lighting as often as I should, so the pictures will need help. So most of the pictures will need brightening or adding contrast or something. Each picture gets a little something that takes it from FABULOUS to FIERCE.... or whichever word is better ;)
Here are a few examples:
BEFORE

AFTER

This picture was warmed up and darkened around the edges. Which picture would you rather hang on your walls??
BEFORE

AFTER

So my friends, no matter who your photographer is make sure they include editing or as they will call it "Post Processing." It makes a good picture Fierce....or you know what I mean!!

No comments: